Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Whoa, Hello One-Month Hiatus

Yeah, so it looks like I took a little break again. Whoops. Life kind of got cray-cray.

Here's what happened:

First, we had to give Hans back. For reasons you can read about here. At the time, we were very sad, but not discouraged in our search for the perfect dog for us.

We were blessed to find this goofball:




And if you're wondering what in the world he IS, you are not alone. We get asked that ALL the time (and we really don't mind!). He's a basset hound/lab mix named Teddy. He has the lab face and body with the short, stumpy legs of the basset hound. He's pretty much the only lab that could handle apartment life. But man he has energy! He can definitely keep up with us on a 3-mile run, so we like that about him :)

And he and Honey...

The Standoff

...well, they kind of get along. Teddy just wants to play with Honey, but she's kind of freaked out by him still.

Sleeping peacefully in close proximity??

But we like that they can be by each other and we don't have to be afraid for Honey's life.

So things are good on the homefront.

In other news, school started. As if taking care of a new dog who is, let's be honest, kind of a handful jumping on people and humping our friends (yeah.) wasn't enough.

I'm really excited for this school year. Week one is done and things have gotten off to a pretty smooth start. I'm hoping this is a sign of good things to come! It's really nice to be back in the same schools and build relationships with the same people instead of starting from scratch every year.

Man that gets old fast.

And in cooking news, Jared and I took our first cooking class this weekend! It was a hands-on Thai-themed class where we cooked four courses. It was so cool to learn from a real chef and get tips that apply to so many areas of cooking.

Like things that seem stupid that I didn't know how to do.

Like how to properly heat oil in a pan. Turns out, you have to wait a lot longer than I have been. And now I know when it's ready just by feeling the heat from the pan. I feel like a pro.

And also I learned how to hold things when I'm chopping them.

Jared learned some grill techniques he didn't know before either.

Best money ever spent. Totally worth it. We would do it again. And if/when we do, I promise to take pictures.

Reading is so boring without pictures. So here's one of me and my cute puppy:

I have the sweetest doggie

Finally, I have an awesome two weeks of meals planned and I'm really excited to share some with you! I actually made a delicious fried tilapia tonight with fresh creamed corn, but the tilapia kind of fell apart. It was a traveshamockery. (travesty+sham+mockery) It could not be photographed.

I'll do better next time.

Check back in a couple days for a quick dinner idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment